Friday, July 18, 2008

Adidas Product Number Search

polycystic kidney

I n my family are in my maternal grandfather , with my uncle and my mother the cystic kidneys for the loss of kidney function responsible. Polycystic kidney disease are heritable, although the five children of my mother's illness so far will be aware only of a daughter. I've known for 8 years that I have inherited polycystic kidney disease since then, and take blood pressure medication, will be with me all my life. Fortunately, my older sister is not affected, so it came as a live donor for my mother in question. My mother got the kidney transplant in October 2007 my sister. A year ago, in December 2006, the brother of my mother's transplant. He received the new kidney also by a living donor. My grandfather died 34 years ago, on 24/02/1974, get a new kidney, but unfortunately on 05/07/1974. So the theme to our family history, and it is exciting to see how long my kidneys will be fully functional.

following report gives us hope:

light at the end of the tunnel?

trial in polycystic kidney disease hope for many patients
Freiburg, 25.01.2007

holds a half life of patients with polycystic kidney wait and hope for a therapy, while their renal function lost more and more is unstoppable and they approach the renal failure. So long, that on average 50 years it takes for patients with this genetic disease can only survive with a regular dialysis (dialysis). In the so-called polycystic kidney disease, the kidneys are completely of cysts, fluid-filled cavities surrounded by a capsule, is upheld. It is one of the most common genetic diseases of man, alone in the Federal Republic are about 100,000 to 150,000 people affected by this disease.

long time it was considered futile to treat this congenital disease. Now, research from Freiburg and other research institutions for the first time uncovered a promising treatment. A drug which is successfully used after the kidney, inhibits surprisingly, the growth of cysts. The new therapy concept is now being reviewed in a multicenter study in Germany and Austria at a total of 300 patients. Author of the study is Prof. Dr. Gerd Walz , head of nephrology department at the University Hospital Freiburg. "The interest from patients and family members is enormous," said Prof. Walz. "Patients take part in fee of several hundred kilometers purchase to participate in this study." Patients and doctors hope that with this medication (everolimus, a so-called mTOR inhibitor) the growth of cysts can be prevented and renal replacement therapy is unnecessary. Latest in two to three years, the experts expect to see results from the study. "It would be a sensation if we had found for this common renal disease, a cure," the assessment of Prof. Walz.

Contact: Prof. Dr. Gerd Walz, Medical Director of the Department of Internal Medicine IV, Nephrology and General Medicine phone: 0761/270-3251 Fax: 0761/203-3245 rolled @ mm41. ukl.uni-freiburg.de

http://www.pr.uni-freiburg.de/pm/2007/pm.2007-01-25.25


0 comments:

Post a Comment